Virtual Star Party
Have you ever been to a Star Party? That’s where you go out at night to look through telescopes, hang out with other astronomy fans, learn cool things about the universe, and have a great time doing it.
During the daytime in Hong Kong, it’s the middle of the night in Colorado in the United States. And, thanks to digital technology, you’ll be able to actually look through telescopes where the Mobile Earth + Space Observatory (MESO) are pointing at the night sky in Colorado. You’ll have the chance to look deep into space to explore our amazing cosmos. Not only that, in this dynamite 90-minute event, a team of scientists and educators will lead you through activities you’ll do in your own home; there’ll be an Q&A session, solar system animations, live science demonstrations, and much more.
The best part is that it is LIVE. What you will be seeing is literally what is happening half a world away. Actually, it’s light years better than that – it’s what is happening across our entire galaxy! Join this one-time-only Virtual Star Party!FacilitatorMobile Earth + Space ObservatoryLocationOnline broadcast (LIVE via Zoom Webinar)Suitable ForParents with kids aged 8 or aboveLanguageEnglishDate & Time
11.00 - 12.30Remarks
- The event lasts for about 90mins.
- Quotas are limited and are on a first come, first served basis.
- Audiences are required to register the event through Croucher Science Week LIVE
- event registration site. Successful registrations will receive a Zoom link to access the event.
- Registration will be available on 4 March 2021 at 12noon.
- Audiences are highly recommended to participate the event via a computer or tablet, and have the smartphone ready for the interactive sections of the event.
- Audiences are highly recommended to prepare the required materials in order to acquire the best participation experience (the list will be available closer to the event date).