Dr Sam Lau is currently a Principal Lecturer at the Hong Kong Baptist University. Sam received his PhD from the University of Cambridge. He is fantastically passionate and enthusiastic about science and science communication. Sam aims to close the gap of scientists and the public. His mission is to inspire the next generation of scientists. He aims to let everyone appreciate that science is fascinating and for everyone and science brings wonder and understanding to the world. Sam also strives to break the stereotype about scientists and to show the public that scientists are interesting people who are very diverse in their tastes. Sam enjoys performing science shows, writing popular articles and holding hands-on interactive workshops.
劉信信博士 Croucher Scholars HKBU 裘槎科學家 香港浸會大學 ecology
Dr Ho Yu Au-Yeung is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry at The University of Hong Kong. Ho Yu received his BSc and PhD in Chemistry from The Chinese University of Hong Kong and the University of Cambridge respectively. His current research focuses on the design and synthesis of novel molecular systems with new properties. He would like to share his passion for chemistry, to show the beauty and excitement of science with students and the general public.
歐陽灝宇博士 Croucher Scholars 裘槎科學家 HKU 香港大學
- Kelvin Wong graduated from the School of Dance of the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts in 2007 with a Major in Musical Dance. Kelvin participated in numerous acting-related jobs since his graduation, involving media ranging from movie, television episode, commercial, music video, concert, drama and musical, etc. Kelvin is currently a freelance actor, dancer, dance teacher, choreographer and movement coach. During Croucher Science Week 2020, Kelvin will assist Anturus and the Science Museum Group to deliver Theatre Science Shows at the Hong Kong Science Museum as a Cantonese interpreter.
- Kylie Chan has an Associate Degree of Marketing from HKU SPACE and has started studying a Diploma of Theatre Studies. With 10 years of performing experience, Kylie worked with theme parks such as Hong Kong Ocean park, Hong Kong Disneyland, Noah’s Ark and participated in various events as performer and emcee like Christmas Parade by Discovery Bay, McDull Musical, Christmas Magic Count Down Show, AIA Puppet Show, etc. Kylie has also joined TV shooting for HKTV and for different individual projects, she is also the actress of education school tour hold by Caritas Jockey Club. During Croucher Science Week 2020, Kylie will work with Rhys Thomas as a Cantonese interpreter to deliver School Tour Shows at local primary schools and will assist Rhys in facilitating the Family Workshops at the Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Ana Yau, from Hong Kong, has more than 14 years’ experience in stage performance. She is an actress, producer, also a master of ceremonies. She is one of the judges in the Hong Kong School Drama Festival 2019 (Primary School, English section). Ana is currently focusing on performer training and corporate training. She has a close relationship with Ocean Park Hong Kong as the core coach of Halloween Bash, the biggest seasonal event of it. At the same time, she is an outstanding trainer of SEED Group, which is one of the top corporate training companies in Hong Kong. During Croucher Science Week 2020, Ana will act as Eddie Goldstein’s assistant and deliver the Magical Math and Science Show at the secondary schools and the Hong Kong Science Museum.
- Anturus Education, from the UK, bring the science of the outdoors into the classroom. With interactive science shows and workshops, hands-on resources and Skype calls from the field, Anturus show the wonder of the natural world through engaging and thought-provoking experiences for all. The Anturus team are experienced in the outdoors, science and film. Together, they make educational films and content that can be used in the classroom or just for science enthusiasts.
- Eddie is recognized as one of the most talented and entertaining science presenters in the world, combining a background as a professional magician, dinner theatre performer, corporate speaker and museum science educator. From writing and performing science shows at the world-famous Smithsonian Institution, Eddie Goldstein went on to launch the highly acclaimed Science Performing Program at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, where he was a senior educator for 23 years. Eddie has performed his Magical Math and Science Show around the globe, including in India, Australia, Singapore, Trinidad, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and extensively in the United States. He also leads science-performance workshops at museums worldwide, and science-communication workshops for scientists, sharing the skills and tools he has developed over many years to help other professional educators and scientists spread the joy of science.
- Eddie Goldstein’s Magical Math and Science Show uses magic, comedy and juggling to blow your mind with amazing topics in maths and science. You’ll learn the scientific secrets behind mystifying magic tricks. You’ll see how magicians use maths to read people’s minds. You’ll discover that juggling devil sticks helps explain how the Moon orbits the Earth. And lots more. Best of all, you will have fun, fun, fun.
- From exciting rocket launches, to searches for alien life, to exploring the solar system, the Science Museum Group will deliver an action-packed immersion in the journey of an astronaut. Discover what it takes to be an astronaut, from the weird food and amazing space suits to the water that they use over and over. Learn how to launch a rocket, how to make space food and where the best places might be to search for alien life. Buckle up for the powerful rocket launch through the freezing atmosphere into the vastness of space, this show brings you up close to the final frontier of space travel.